Now the very big challenge to me is that I am going to commit to a daily post of what I am doing each day to promote more happiness in my life. This really should be interesting! I am going to give a list of things I plan to do each day and would love you to follow along with me or even come up with your own plan and share it with us. So check in each day to see how I'm doing or not.... :) and give me some feedback if you are doing it with me. Or if you hate this kind of stuff or blogs in general that is ok too. :-)
Tomorrow will be the first day and the following is my list of things I plan to do this week: (although I will reserve the right to change it if needed)
- Sunday - find a scripture that speaks of where our joy comes from. Write it on an index card and look at it often through the day, especially if there are a few challenges. :) I may even get really bold and memorize it!
- Monday - Be VERY aware of having a positive attitude. Watch for any negative thoughts or talk and correct it immediately. Look at the good in everything.
- Tuesday - have a day of gratefulness. Spend time all day reflecting on all the things in life to be grateful for.
- Wednesday - Make three people smile today
- Thursday - spend time with someone under 6 and think about watch how they view life.
- Friday - Start a conversation with a stranger today
- Saturday - clean one area of clutter in my home.
Some last thoughts as we get started - The Pew Research Center asked a number of Americans if they were enjoying their lives. Only about 34 percent report they are "very happy" in life and this was before the recession we are now experiencing. We live in a society that values more what people have over who they are.
What about you? Are you enjoying your life? Are you generally happy, content and satisfied with who you are and what you do each day? Do you take time to notice and appreciate everyday things that make life rich and rewarding?
I challenge you today to go to a new level of enjoyment in your daily life. Let's do it together!
Jesus said in John 10:10 -
"The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they might have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full till it overflows)