I thought an appropriate ending would be PERSEVERANCE.......
Here is one of the best examples I have ever read about....
Abraham Lincoln & Perseverance
In 1831, Abraham Lincoln failed in a business venture.
In 1832, Lincoln was defeated as a candidate for the state legislature.
In 1833, Lincoln failed once again in another business venture.
In 1835, Lincoln's fiancee died, shattering him.
In 1836, Lincoln suffered a nervous breakdown.
In 1843, Lincoln was defeated as a candidate for the U.S. Congress.
In 1848, Lincoln once again was defeated as a candidate for the U.S. Congress.
In 1855, Lincoln was defeated as a candidate for the U.S. Senate.
In 1856, Lincoln was defeated as a candidate for U.S. Vice President.
In 1859, Lincoln once again was defeated as a candidate for the U.S. Senate.
In 1860, Abraham Lincoln was elected the 16th President of the United States of America.
So what is our take away from this example?
Keep these tips in mind as you strengthen your perseverance:
- Don't Give Up. When you have an ultimate goal, you owe it to yourself to completely follow through. There are going to be plenty of bumps in the road. Don’t let any of these bumps bring you down. Always be seeking new ways of approaching problems.
- Keep Positive. When things have become overwhelmingly negative for you, seek out positive things in your life.
- Take Action. Do whatever you can to inspire yourself to take bold actions toward your goal. Fight the urge to procrastinate or settle for less.
- Ask for Help. Be wise enough to know when a situation warrants help from others. You don’t need to take every single thing into your own hands. Instead, choose to follow advice from the people you trust.
- Know Yourself. When you know where you’re going and the steps you need to take to get there, that’s half the battle. That’s why you need to take the proper amount of time for self-reflection.
- Change your habits. Do everything in your power to put a stop to bad habits. If there are certain behaviors you’ve identified that are keeping you from achieving your goals, you need to get rid of them. This could be simply negative thinking or you might be fighting procrastination.
- Step By Step. Take one step at a time. Create small doable goals then when you reach those goals set the next step goals.