Keeping Relationships Simple
During this journey of 30 days to a simpler life we have touched here and there on how to simplify the relationships in our lives but today I want to focus just on our relationships with other women
I was reminded last night, as I always am, when I gathered with this particular group of remarkable women, of how blessed I am to have so many amazing women in my life. I have a wonderful group of friends who I treasure and love but today I'm talking about the women in my family.
I am one of the blessed people in life, and I do not take this for granted, that has a big family and lots of women in that family that all live close, all share similar values and really, really like each other and like to be together. The best part of it is we are all of different generations, stages of life and different personalities but we all respect and value each other, our similarities and differences. In fact the differences are what make it all so fun. We are sisters, mothers, aunts, cousins, nieces, daughters and we are each others friends.
Our relationships are not complicated, they are simple and they bring to them simple principles that make our bond and our love stronger as the years go by. Some of those principles are:
- being known and accepted,
- understood to the core of who we are.
- trust and loyalty you can count on,
- having someone on your side.
- Having someone to share worries and secrets as well as the good stuff of life.
- Someone who needs you in return.
- Someone who has your best interest at heart.
- Someone who encourages us to be our best but loves us when we're not.
- Someone who knows all our stuff, and still loves us unconditionallyn our family our r