Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Will Not Live in FEAR!

Two more posts on challenging our thinking.  One of the biggest areas most of us struggle in with our thoughts is allowing fears to creep in and create havoc in our thoughts, emotions and even our physical health.  Joyce Meyer has a great chapter on this in her book "Power Thoughts."

To fulfill God's plans for our live and enjoy all His blessings we must refuse to live in fear.  In the world we live in that can be hard to do at times.  I have some personal challenges in my life that I could allow to keep fear alive in my thoughts and spirit but I have had to learn these concepts so I can enjoy life and allow God to use me.  I'm not saying it's easy and depending on what the situation is that we are dealing with, it may at times be a daily if not hourly process.

When we live in fear we can not enjoy anything.

This is how fear operates:
All fears come from the same source and has the same purpose.
  • They all begin and come from the enemy
  • They all steal from us
Types of Fears:
  • Fear we won't be accepted - so we develop masks
  • Fear of failure - so we don't try new things or stretch ourselves
  • Fear of the future - this causes us not to enjoy today  
Fear is the opposite of Faith - so if you are living in fear you are not living in faith.

Fear tells you what you aren't, what you don't have, what you can't do and what you will never be.  Romans 8:15

If fear begins to overtakes you - begin to pray and confess "I will not live in fear"  We will still "feel" afraid but feeling afraid is not being afraid - being afraid holds us back much like anger - it's not the feeling that is the problem it's what we do with it that is.

Is OK to feel fear sometimes there is nothing you can do about that feeling.  Being Afraid means "to take flight" to "run away from"  It causes us to want to flee what God wants us to confront.

As Joyce Meyer's has said "Do it afraid!"

Next post - "I will not live in fear" Part 2

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline" 
2 Timothy 1:7

No comments: