Friday, December 3, 2010

I Will not Live in Fear! Part 2

As my last post stated fear causes us to want to flee what God wants us to confront.  We have to choose to be confident instead of fearful.  The devil hates confidence.  Again, you may not feel it but you can act confident. 

When God gave Joshua the job of leading the Israelites into the promised land, He said, "Be strong, vigorous and very courageous.  Do not be afraid."  Joshua 1:9

"Courage is not the absence of fear but it is the progress in it's presence."

Every time God leads us into a new area that will be better for us.  The Devil will launch an attack of fear against us.  Fear is the opposite of faith.

Here are some tips on overcoming fear in your life and your thinking
  • Confess with your mouth " I am a person of faith, I think faith, I talk faith and I walk in faith."
  • Meditate on scripture about faith.  Hebrews 11:6
  • Isolate repetitive fears (monitor them) and make a decision to overcome them - most fears are irrational. 
I have put this in a previous post but I I'm going to put it in this one again because it is something worth repeating.

Beth Moore had a great way of looking at fear. She told of a fear that was gripping her, it was tormenting her and finally God spoke to her heart and said, "Beth, What if it happens. What will you do." Beth replied, "I will be devastated! I will hide, I will cry, I will feel like my life is over." Then God spoke to her heart again and said," Then what" she replied," Well, I will tell people how bad it is, I will grieve, I will feel like I could never minister again." so He said, " Then what?" so she said, "Well, eventually I would start praying and reading your word and get back up and start moving forward because I know that you will help me and give me the strength." And then Beth said she realized what she said and that is was all true. Even if her worst fear came about, and usually they don't she would have the Courage eventually to get back up and keep going.

When you feel fearful, ask yourself what is at its source? Walk through Beth Moore's scenario of fear and see if your outcome isn't the same.

Romans 8:31  "What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?"

No comments: