So whichever it may be, today's post may be a help to you.
Simple Ways to Improve you Memory:
- Indulge in Caffeine and Chocolate. I know you think I'm making this up! But I'm not, this is true! Don't you love it! In fact, as I write I need to be indulging!!! Memory experts say consuming a little caffeine and chocolate each day may help you remember information better. But you need to choose the right kinds. Strive to get your caffeine from black or green tea. (but my personal opinion is that coffee is good to) You'll also be taking in important antioxidants that stave off brain cell damage. Just don't drink your tea with milk because milk interferes with the absorption of those antioxidants.When you buy chocolate, choose dark varieties made with at least 60 percent cocoa.
- Get Enough Sleep - To maintain memory, most people need to get about eight hours of sleep a night.
- Work Out - There is just no getting around it...in just about every area of life exercise is going to help you. Experts agree that aerobic exercise improves your memory by doing more than just enhancing your sleep quality. Anytime you do at least moderate exercise (like brisk walking), your brain receives a larger-than-usual supply of blood, Aerobic exercise also improves memory by relieving stress, Most experts recommend at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise, like walking or biking, daily.
- Eat the Right Fats - You need to eat fat daily to maintain brain power. But as with chocolate and caffeine, you need to choose the right kind. Certain kinds of fish and fish oil supplements, flaxseeds and flaxseed supplements, and canola, soy, and walnut oils contain these fatty acids, but some research suggests that whole fish is the best form for brain function. Eating 4 ounces of fatty fish [like salmon or sardines] four times a week probably does your brain a lot of good." On the flip side, experts agree that trans fats (found in hydrogenated oils) are the worst fats for your memory.
- Challenge Your Brain - Research shows that the more intellectually stimulating your occupation is, the better your brain functions throughout your life. But don't despair if your job is dull. A few studies suggest that adopting intellectually challenging hobbies like crossword puzzles or reading can also boost your brain power.