Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 14 - of 30 Days of Happiness

Day 14 - a laughter day - (watch a funny movie or just look for or talk about funny things) just laugh!

I hope if you are following this blog that you took full advantage of our challenge today. I did! I had a great day today and it's not over yet! First things this morning I talked with my sweet sweet niece whom I love so much, Beverly, I always find it funny that she is my niece because she is closer in age than my siblings so sometimes I think of her as my little sister. Anyway, I called her this morning and we are very both very much "Sanquines" she is about 3 times more than me though. ;) So we started talking and as usual started to joke and laugh and laugh some more and I told her, "Bev, you just helped me complete my challenge for today."

But it didn't stop there, later in the day my daughter Debbie, who again is such a blessing in my life, were out looking for some wedding stuff and started talking and laughing and laughing some more, we got back to my son Johnny's new house (he just closed on his first house yesterday) and he had pulled his basketball pants up to his chest and started running down the street. (he will kill me if he reads this) It was hilarious and Debbie and I were just laughing so hard.

Well, the day isn't over yet, and I my plan to watch a funny movie tonight, I'll let you know which one tomorrow! hee hee

Some facts about laughter:
  • Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
  • Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
  • Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
  • Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

The Challenge continues!!!!

Sunday: Practice Contentment
Monday - Plant Something - this is a very easy one for a couple of you! :)
Tuesday - call someone you haven't talked to for awhile (not e-mail or facebook!)
Wednesday - Make a list of your gifts and talents ( and don't be modest)
Thursday - Nature Day - spend some time with nature
Friday - Self Care Day!!! Do something just for you....
Saturday - Donate food, clothing and any other items to your church or a non-profit that is helping people for the holidays

A cheerful heart is good medicine, Proverbs 17:22 (New International Version

4 comments:

betty said...

What a happy day you made for yourself, Kathy! That's so neat. My good husband usually makes me laugh sometime during the day. He's got a country sense of humor. :)

Juliette said...

Had too many errands to do today and a commitment for a Thanksgiving luncheon for the Wisdom Saints. This did not allow for much laughter but maybe a few polite smiles. I have a few hours before bedtime and we plan to watch the Pixar movie “UP” so I am expecting this to complete my challenge.

I don’t suppose ‘ironic laughter’ would qualify for this day so I will avoid soliloquy.

Ps 126:2-3
2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with joyful shouting;
Then they said among the nations,
"The Lord has done great things for them."
3 The Lord has done great things for us;
We are glad. NASB

CoachK said...

Bettsy, It was a good day and a little added laughter was at the end of the day holding you grandson - he just makes you want to laugh he is so cute!
I think Theltons humor is called dry humor - John has that to and it is funny....at times. :)

CoachK said...

Well, I hope that movie completed your day with laughter Juliette!