Here is a list of suggestions of what you may be keeping a maintenance schedule with:
- Checking the car fluids levels monthly - such as oil, transmission, or power steering
- Have someone you trust that you can take your vehicles to for repairs
- Check tire pressure every 3 months
- Brake inspections are free - good to do while oil is being changed
- Check your wipers before the rainy season - at least once a year.
- Check batteries, tires and belts before long trips.
- Every two years have your air conditioning system cleaned and checks by an AC professional
- change air conditioning filter at least every two months
- One of the most damaging things to a home is water damage -
- inspect the perimeter of the house for standing water after rain as this can cause damage to the structure
- the ground should always slope away from the house.
- pay attention to water stains on the ceiling or roof leakage after rains
- It's a good idea to change the water heater every 10 - 12 years as they can often spring a leak causing damage to the home
- Replace smoke alarm batteries every time you turn your clocks back
- Keep clutter and debris away from the outside structure of your home as that can invite termites and insects
- If you notice your toilets are continuously running you have a leaky flapper valve that needs to be replaced - this will cause your water bill to go up.