- Depression is a call for help that there is a need in our life or
- Depression a warning that we need to take care of ourselves or something in our lives
- feeling hopeless and helpless
- lose of perspective
- change in diet, sex drive, sleep patterns
- low self-esteem
- wanting to isolate and escape
- becoming paranoid
- anger for no apparent reason
- feeling guilty - not liking your self
Definition of depression:
- An emotion like any other
- Depression is morally neutral
- Sometimes a good thing if grieving
- Depression is not sin
Causes of depression:
- Chemical changes in your brain
- under active thyroid
- Electrolytes out of balance
- having a baby can bring change physically and emotionally and become depression
- a great loss
- anger turned inward
- guilt real or imagines
- stress - major life transitions of any kind
- wrong thinking about yourself - self pity, shame
- After intensive ministry
- guilt for sin
- demonic attack
- not keeping your priorities in order
- Relationship breakdowns
My enemy has chased me.
He has knocked me to the ground
And forces me to live in darkness like those in the grave.
I am losing all hope; I am paralyzed with fear.
I remember the days of old.
I ponder all your great works and think about what you have done.
I lift my hands to you in prayer.
I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.
Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
For my depression deepens.
Don’t turn away from me or I will die.
Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
For I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk for I give myself to you.
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
I run to you to hide me.
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on firm footing.
For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life.
Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
And destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Psalm 143: 3-12 [NLT]