Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 11 - of 30 Days of Happiness

Day 11 - Dance To a Song Today

Ok I'll be the first to admit this was probably a bad idea. :) Actually, dancing spontaneously is a great way to feel happy but to have to plan it out wasn't as fun.

I am not a dancer but I do dance at certain times....such as weddings, during private praise and worship to God and mostly with my 3 year old granddaughter to the Wiggles. So now people know a whole lot more about me that you want to know. :)

So what did I do today...well today is my day with Life Coaching Clients so my time was limited so I thought I would share the two times I have danced this week and just to satisfy this challenge I looked up a you tube video on the Wiggles and danced to it myself. :) Here is the video so if you want to finish this challenge there is still time!


Don't you feel happier now? :) I did...really.....especially thinking what people would think if they could see me doing the monkey dance without the 3 year old being here...

The other 2 times I danced this week was Monday with the 3 y.o. which is so fun - especially when she stops dancing and just looks at me and starts laughing! And last night my son Johnny and I were practicing our mother and son dance and because neither of us could be very serious the dance got very silly - so glad Johnny's fiance couldn't' see us - she would probably prohibit the mother/son dance. :)

Well, maybe this wasn't such a bad idea because I feel happy just writing this blog and thinking about all of you doing the monkey dance!

3 Praise his name with dancing,
accompanied by tambourine and harp. Psalm 149:3 (New Living Translation

Tomorrow: Do something different today - (something you haven't done in awhile or have never done)


7 comments:

Juliette said...

This challenge for today I had planned to completely ignore and I would never in my wildest dreams entertain the monkey dance. BUT –

Prov 16:9
The mind of man plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

Today was a rainy day so I could not continue my plans in the garden. I certainly would not stop my tasks for such a silly thing as dancing. Since I am not a gregariously expressive person and I do not get the urge to dance even in worship (although I will sway), this is not something that was of interest to me. On Wednesday’s I have our grandson and in the afternoon we were upstairs trying to work toward a nap, watching Disney’s Robin Hood, one of his favorites and mine too. At the beginning there are a few silly songs and Catch jumped out of bed and came running to me, grabbing my hands. He wanted to dance!!! So there I was, much surprised at how God orchestrated this day. I would not refuse my grandson the silliness because it brought him much joy. And it brought me joy to look at his smiles and complete abandonment. I enjoyed my dances with the one I love. What freedom there is when you can enjoy being silly and dance.

Oodalolly, oodalolly, golly what a day.

Definition of oodalolly - It is an expression of Joy, surprise, delighted, ecstatic, and effervescent and is often shouted or sung repeatedly.

Ecclesiastes – a time to dance

Jeremiah - 31:13
"Then the virgin shall rejoice in the dance,
And the young men and the old, together,
For I will turn their mourning into joy,
And will comfort them, and give them joy for their sorrow.

RuthyH said...

So funny. I was just singing "Ooh ooh ahh ahh ooh ooh ahh ahh" (monkey sounds) from that song with Eric yesterday. You can't POSSIBLY dance with the Wiggles without smiling as big as they do. Which is pretty big.

CoachK said...

Juliette,
I am so proud of you! It is amazing what we will do for our little ones isn't it?

CoachK said...

Ruthy,
I'm so glad you stopped by! I absolutly love watching the Wiggles with Anna. You can't help but dance, smile and be happy when they are on. The monkey dance is my favorite though. :)

betty said...

I just experienced the Wiggles today for the first time. Never heard of them before, but Ruthy had them in the DVD player when I was watching Cutie Eric today, and I loved it. Especially those little children who smile so big and dance so well!

marmee said...

just came by to see what you are up too...i caught you dancing to the wiggles...so funny. what we can get away with when we have little ones around.
happy autumn.

CoachK said...

Hi Marmee,
Thank you for stopping by! Yes, it is amazing the things we do for the little ones but it is so good for us to become like them again for a little while. I really do love the wiggles!