Monday, July 21, 2008

Vacation

As you may have noticed I have been gone for a week.  We will pick back up on the next step toward purpose tomorrow.   Today I just would like to share a few highlights of my trip last week.  For my birthday and our Anniversary my husband and I went to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.  I really have to say these are some of the most beautiful parks in our country.  The variety of sights and activities is more than I have ever seen at other parks and we have been to quite a few others. 












Old Faithful Geyser at Yellowstone.  Old Faithful gushes every hour give or take a few minutes. It was an amazing sight.

Bison are everywhere.  Walking down the road.  Herds of them in the fields.  We also saw Elk, Rams, mountain goats, marmots, pikas (little rodents) and Mule deer.                                             

We took a 6 mile hike up Mt. Washburn in Yellowstone and the sights were amazing.  They give you such a sense of God's awesome presence and how big and great He is.  As we were climbing up the mountain seeing the mountain on either side of us I 
was reminded of Psalm 121.  If fact I  was reciting it out loud as we were climbing:


"I raise my eyes toward the mountains, 
Where will my help
 come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.
Indeed, the protector of Israel 
does not slumber or sleep.
The LORD protects you:
The LORD is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by day.
or the moon by night.
The LORD will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.
the LORD will protect your coming and going 
both now and forever.  Psalm 121

If you would like to see more pics of our trip go to:

http://gallery.me.com/katcu7#gallery


No comments: