Thursday, November 6, 2008

Boundaries

The next three mistakes we make in setting boundaries are:

1. When we are doing things because of manipulation or guilt - 2 corithians 9:7 - The bible warns us dagainst giving to others "reluctantly or under compulsion. People with poor boundaries struggle with saying "no" to control, pressure and demands of others.

2. Stopping the sowing and reaping process in others lives - Galations 6:7-8 - sometimes people don't reap what they sow because someone else steps in and reaps the consequences for them. Understand that love is not always doing it for them but allowing others to learn from their mistakes.

3. When your motivation is wrong for doing something - sometimes because of our past our motivation for giving is not because we love, but fear of losing love, fulfilling our needs. if your giving is not leading to joy but to depression or resentment you need to examine your motives.

In ending this blog I did want to leave a scripture that I believe is very appropriate to all that has happened this week and more than likely will continue for months, possibly years.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

2 comments:

Pat said...

I have SOOO needed this reminder this week Kathy.
Good word,
p

CoachK said...

Thank you Pat, as we discussed you just have to take it situation by situation. I think you are doing a great job in discerning that. I certainly understand your heart as I am ofter there myself. K