Rejection Defined: To be cast aside - thrown away as having no value.
Some facts about emotional rejection:
- We try to avoid emotional rejection more than physical pain
- Every person is attacked by rejection, starting in childhood
- More than anything the fear of rejection will keep us from moving forward and keep us from building relationships.
We make "Inner Vows" and we make promises to ourselves, such as:
- "Nobody will ever hurt me again"
- "I'll never get close to anyone again"
- "I'll never let anyone control me again"
- "You can't trust anyone or men or women"
- I will NEVER....................
RESULT: We spend most of our time avoiding rejection rather than building loving relationships.
SOLUTION: Forget yourself, reach out, give to others and build them up
WE CAN'T LOVE UNLESS WE ARE WILLING TO GET HURT
1 Peter 2:23 and Acts 10:38 show us the example Jesus gave to us, in doing what he knew to be right and never defending Himself or worrying what others thought.
Next Post: Rejection and Perfection