Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Light that Never Fails

My dear friend Natalie, blessed me with a devotional this year.  I know many people read it daily but I have only on occasion.  I have begun a habit of starting my day with this devotional along with reading the Word.  It is called, "My Utmost for His Highest"  by Oswald Chambers.

It has been incredible how this simple little devotional book has spoken to my heart and comforted me on a daily basis.  

The last few weeks have been very difficult as I have been working though some unexpected things that have happened.  I have been asking God to show me what to do in this particular situation.  I believe He has spoken very clearly to me through this devotional.  It was April 22nd, Wednesday.  Below is an except from the devotional and I pray if you are dealing with anything that doesn't make sense or that is hurtful to you it will minister to your heart as it has mine.

The Light That Never Fails April 22
A servant of God must stand so very much along that he never realizes he is alone.  In the early stages of Christian life, disappointments will come - people who used to be lights will flicker out, and those who used to stand with us will turn away.  Paul said," no one stood with me, but all forsook me...BUT the Lord stood with me and strengthened me..." (2 Tim 4:16-17)  We must build our faith not on fading lights but on the LIGHT that never fails.  When "important" individuals go away we are sad, until we see that they are meant to go, so that only one thing in left for us to do....to look into the face of God ourselves.

Amen.

8 comments:

Snow said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope you are now more encouraged as you go through this difficult situation. I am praying for you.

CoachK said...

thank you Snow for your prayers. It is good to hear from you. God is good!

Meems said...

As you probably know I have been "feeding" from My Utmost by Chambers for several years in random order. It is so marked up and flagged with all the times the "light bulb inside me" goes off from his writings ministering to me. I don't agree with 100% of his theology but it is very close. He was so apparently a man who KNEW the Lord intimately and depended on Him for his every breath.

These April readings have been especially illumninating for what my soul is working through right now. Somehow I missed that excerpt you've included.To you I say thanks because they are words I needed to hear TODAY.
Have a great day.

CoachK said...

Meems,
I didn't know but I'm not surprised and "feeding" is such a good decription. I have read many devotionals throughout my Christian life and none have been so revealing and have ministered to my spirit in such depth, but as you read the life this man lived it is easy to understand how intimately he knew his Lord.

In my edition there is a 3 page biography of Oswald and Biddy Chambers and the end of the story it says, "By their faithfulness in the ordinary circumstances of each unfolding day, Oswald and Biddy Chambers have demonstated the significance and power of giving our utmost for God's highest"

I am so trying to remember that it is often in the "ordinary circumstances of each unfolding day" that God uses us the most even though we may not always fully see it in this present life.

Jane said...

My older brother gave me that devotional probably 10 years ago. I now have inherited my grandmother's version. Like Meems, I have read on and off throughout the years. No matter how many times I read thorugh it I always find some new "nugget" that I make my own. :)

CoachK said...

mjm, it is so good to hear from you. I have known so many people who have told me how amazing this devotional was, I really wish I had gotten it sooner but maybe it was just "for this time" :)

Hope all is well and you enjoying the place I would love to live someday! :)

Jane said...

I will warn you, the hills can be a killer when you are running!

Executive Coaching said...

Great Article! Thank for providing this.