If you have a root of rejection in your life you may walk into a room and if someone does not notice you you may assume that all the people in the room don't like you. You feel rejection simply because you weren't given attention but reality is the people in the room just did not notice that you had joined them.
How many times do we suffer unbearably because someone doesn't give us what we think they should give us and in reality they didn't know what we were in need of.
Perception is how you see things, not necessarily reality:
- Rejection based people perceive things as rejection that are not.
- Rejection based people can not be confronted.
People with a root of rejection also have a hard time being confronted. This is because they can not separate their opinions and ideas from the real person they are. When someone disagrees with their opinion they feel they are being rejected as a person. People can disagree with your opinions and still love and respect you as a person.
So what do we do with these perceptions?
- When begin to feel rejected, check you perceptions - are they real or perceived.
- Begin to see yourself as God sees you. In His eyes you are valuable, special, and have purpose. Psalm 139: 1-18
- Don't ever let how other people treat you or have treated you determine your worth. You have worth and value.
- One of the first steps to any kind of healing is to forgive those who have truly rejected you.
Next Post: Walls of Protection We Build.