So the question is asked....Now that I know what my passion is, what my "sweet spot" is how do I make a living doing what I love. Well, there is a course of action to take you from where you are now to where you want to be. It takes vision, perseverance, sacrifice and accountability. I can't guarantee with all that that you will be exactly where you want to be but I can guarantee you will be closer than you are now. The average person, including myself obviously, tends to let life happen. We have dreams but really seldom have a plan and a strategy to obtain our dreams. Sometimes we do have a plan but when things are not working the way we want them to or it takes more work or sacrifice than we are willing to give we give up.
I am going to outline the steps to bring change in our lives. To be closer to obtaining the goals and the dreams than you ever have if you have never done this type of exercise. In all this I must stress that God is ultimately our guide and the one to seek in all areas of our life but we see many times in scripture that it we have to have vision and initiative to even complete the plans He has for us. Obviously seeking Him is the number one step in all we do. But for the practical aspects of obtaining your dreams and goals here are the steps to take.
1. Define your goal: this means to identify your goal and define what you want in clear and specific terms. This may be through researching your area of interest and what kind of opportunities exist or taking time for quiet and thoughts to come up with new and innovative ideas that haven't been done.
2. Write down and plan your Strategy: Your own will power to accomplish something is unreliable because it is based on emotions. Your environment, your schedule and your accountability must be programmed in such a way that all three support you. Major life changes don't just happen they happen one step at a time. Steady progress through well - chosen, realistic, steps. Know what those steps are.
3. Plan out your Problems: Any new endeavour will have it's own set of problems and set backs - think this out ahead of time and how you will handle it.
4. Build up Resources: This is part of your strategy, whether it be building up a certain amount of savings, networking with others in this area of interest, articles and books about how to move forward with this particular endeavour.
5. Time frame: Once you have determined what it is you want you must decide on a time frame for having it. The deadline you create gives you a sense of urgency or purpose which will motivate you and keep you from procrastinating. You may have a couple time frames..such as a half way point.
6. Create a Master plan: This is basically taking all of the above and putting it together.
7. Accountability: As with most things in life we have a better chance of making it with help, with another person knowing our vision and encouraging us to finish the race.
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
8. Do it Now: Nothing in your life will change until your begin to do something different each day.
I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me, And what I will answer when I am corrected. The Just Live by Faith Then the LORD answered me and said: “ Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.