Thursday, August 14, 2008

Step 10 - Take Courage!

One of the biggest roadblocks to God's purpose in our lives is fear. So our next step in walking toward purpose is to Take Courage. Courage is a gift from God. To receive it, we need only show up and rely upon God's complete faithfulness.

Fear impacts life purpose. Once fear has you in it's grasp it blocks creativity, productivity, and relationships. So how can we take this next step and turn our fears into courage:
  1. Make a list of all the things you fear about living out God's purposes for your life. Are you afraid you will fall short of God's intentions? Are you afraid of what people will think? No matter what the fears write them - then pray over the list and offer your fears to God.
  2. Ask yourself two questions, How does fear keep me focused on myself? and What has fear stolen from me?"
  3. Sometimes the best way to handle fear is to "just do it" just do that first speech, teach that first bible study,
  4. Feed your courage with the word of God...find scripture on fear and write it on an index card - read them, meditate on them.
On a personal note this has been a step that I am in the process of conquering. I am in a transitional time of life right now and it would be easy to allow fear to envelope me but even when the path of life is not clear and the purpose is bleary my trust is in my God. He has never failed me and He has been so very faithful in every situation in my life. We have to keep the prospective that God sees the big picture of our life we only see this moment so knowing that He wants only our best we can rest and go about doing what we are to do for this moment as He is preparing us for the next step.

"I sought the Lord, and He answered me; he delivered me from all of my fears." Psalm 34:3

No comments: