The facts are that we cannot fulfill God's greatest purpose for us without surrendering our will and life to him. Surrender, which can be defined as, "the act of giving up one's person or possessions into the authority of another, of relinquishing one's power, aims or goals." is a daily response to the Holy Spirit. Surrender is about learning to live for an audience of one, and this is God.
I wrote the first two paragraphs of this blog on Friday morning. During the weekend I went to the Beth Moore Simulcast and she spoke on the Parable of the Sower, Luke 8. But her main message was how to have 100 fold impact in our lives toward others. It really did come down to surrender. It is the way to find purpose in our lives.
One interesting note was in Luke 8:1-3 which are the verses right before the parable the scripture talks about Jesus being with some women and how these women were helping support Jesus and the disciples with their own means. Beth stated that these were woman of substance - not in a material way but in a spiritual way. They had surrendered their lives to Christ. Beth gave 7 steps to surrendering our lives so that we can have a life that produces a 100 fold harvest.
1. Treasure the Wonder (the wonder is the Word) 2 Tim. 3:16,17 just a little note in that scripture the Greek meaning for thoroughly equipped is to be "competently competent. So that means we need to be competently competent about the Word of God!
2. Protect Your Heart - (hide the word in your heart- know it- believe it) Memorize and know scripture. it is what is needed the most in times of trials. Luke 8:12
3. Expect the Test - We will be tested especially in times when God is getting ready to use us the most. But if we know the Word we will survive the test. Luke 8:13
4. Dig the Roots - Understand how much God loves you. Not just saying but knowing with all of our being. Ephesians 3:17
5. Stop the Choke - Anxiety chokes the Word out of us. Luke 8:14 This is probably the hardest step of all but when we know the Word we can speak scripture and God's promises during these times and that will stop the anxiety and worry. On the other hand riches and pleasure can have the same affect.
6. Retain the Word - to possess , own it. Luke 8:15
7. Press Forth Toward Your 100 Fold Harvest and Purpose - "But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart(beautiful and beneficial heart) who HEAR the Word, RETAIN it and by persevering produce a crop."
When God gives you a project, an assignment, persevere with it. Don't give up!