What do we do when anger overcomes us? We have discussed, "What caused the Anger" and "When that Angry feeling turned into Sin", so now we need to "Get OVER it" - Why? Because as we saw - the anger is hurting the angry person more than everyone else, plus it is what God has commanded us to do.
If it is a situation that needs to be talked about or confronted we go to scripture for our answer:
"If another believer sins again you, go privately and point out the fault. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back." Matt 18:15
Now, how you approach this person has a lot to do with the outcome.
- Confront with LOVE (that means, Be Nice)
- Use "I" Messages (I felt hurt when you.......)
- Use the sandwich approach. (I appreciate so many things about you but I felt hurt when.....happened but I value our relationship enough to work this out)
- Doesn't Work? Then you have done your part so...."Let it Go" and forgive.
- He encourages us to remember the pain.
- To hold it in and not release it
- The longer the offense goes unresolved the more deep seated it becomes.
- Satan is the accuser of the brethren
- he wants to consume our joy, our peace, our rest and our health
- Satan will catch the scent of offense like a lion detects blood.
"Be Careful! Watch out for attacks from he devil, your GREAT enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour." I Peter 5:8 (NLT)
Next Post: Part II How to Get Over It.....Healing the Angry Heart.