Monday, March 23, 2009

Must Have Full Sonlight

After we have "Cultivated Our Soil" we now must continue to add good elements to the seed for our "Seed of HOPE" to grow. The next and one of the most important elements is the "SON" . Many plants like sunflowers need FULL Sonlight, and I believe to really create a healthy "Seed of HOPE" in our heart, especially during difficult times, we must have "FULL Sonlight" everyday. Sonlight for our Seed of HOPE is, of course, time spent in the presence of God and sitting at the feet of Jesus.

Day 2 of Journal - Looking for growth of my seed but only seeing dirt. For my seed to grow I now must be consistant and disciplined in provided Full Sunlight to my little seed. I wish I could see something but I know underneath the soil my seed is growing - I just have to be patient and have faith. Hebrews 11:1

There are many ways to Provide Full Sonlight to our Seed of Hope:
  • Prayer - Thanking Him, telling Him what is on your heart, praying God's Word
  • Reflection - Journaling, taking a walk while praying and meditating on the Word
  • Listening - Just being quite or listening to worshipful music
  • Examining - With great honesty and humility to ask God to reveal to us of any weeds, rocks or hardness in our hearts that we have missed or have grown up without our realizing it.
Do you have any ways of keeping your Seed of Hope in Full Sonlight (spending time with God) that I did not mention?

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3

1 comment:

Chayil said...

I like this teaching...It's perfect for me (easy to understand and in small doses) This is a great blog :)