As I was journaling my experience with my little plant and applying the principles to growing a "seed of hope" in your heart. I realized that after cultivating the soil of your heart and exposing your seed to full Sonlight, there was another discipline that had to happen for the seed to grow. I had to remember and discipline myself to water my seed everyday.
Ephesians 5:26 says, "they were washed with water by God's Word" The Word of God washed and purifies our mind and our heart. I keeps our seed of Hope growing. This water is needed everyday for our seed to grow into a strong, deep rooted plant, for our hope to be strong and weather the storms of life.
The last discipline every good gardener knows has to happen to protect our seed we must keep the pests out. In a natural garden, these are the various bugs that will attach to the leaves and eat them, destroying and harming the plant. In the garden of heart where our seed of Hope is growing the pests are the Negative thought and attitudes that can show up overnight and begin to destroy our Hope. We must be constantly on guard against these pests.
Our Hope will many time be a place of waiting, sometimes the waiting is for a long time. Here are a few principles to think about as you are keeping your Seed of Hope growing in a time of waiting:
- Hope comes first, then builds our Faith. Hebrews 11:1
- The enemy can never take away your Hope unless you let him.
- As we are waiting God will renew our strength. Isaiah 30:41
- Hope is having a positive attitude no matter what is happening because...Romans 5:5
- Be happy while you wait...you are going to wait anyway.
So in Conclusion, while you are growing a Seed of Hope in your heart, whatever your circumstances may be:
- Make sure the soil of your heart is soft, free of weeds and rocks and sprinkles with the Fruit of the Spirit.Galatians 5:22,23
- Provide Full Sonlight everyday by spending time in fellowship with God. Psalm 63: 1-8
- Water everyday! Everyday spend time in the Word of God. Joshua 1:8
- Keep the Pests OUT! Negative thought and attitudes will destroy your Seed of Hope. Keep positive in your words, attitudes and behavior no matter what circumstances surround you. Romans 5:3