Sunday, May 3, 2009

What is a Life Plan?

A Life Plan is a written list of all your dreams and goals in every area of your life that includes individual action plans on how to achieve them. That is the technical definition. A true Life Plan is so much more than that if the person who is walking you through your Life Plan is guided and anointed by God.

One of the requirements of getting my Life Coaching Certification was that I have a Life Coach of my own. So after much research and prayer I contacted Carolyn Reynolds, a Life Purpose Coach with the school I was becoming certified through. Carolyn was an amazing and insightful Life Coach and has since become my friend, prayer partner and accountability partner.
I have known that Carolyn was not only a Life Purpose Coach but also a Life Plan facilitator and in fact this is an area I am hoping to train in myself at some point. So a few months ago Carolyn and I had discussed her doing my Life Plan and had actually made a date a few months ago. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, we had to reschedule and we ended up scheduling for this past week.

As always, God's timing is amazing. If I had done the Life Plan when it was originally scheduled, the outcome probably would have been different. It was a life changing experience. It really isn't so much because of what questions are asked but it was the level of experience and anointing that Carolyn brought into the questions and insights that really made the difference. I'm sure Carolyn would agree with me that the Holy Spirit was leading and directing and giving wisdom.
The Life Plan process takes anywhere from 12 to 16 hours. You go through a series of questions about your past, present and future goals. You look for threads that connect and patterns, either good or bad that flow through your life. And you become aware of areas of mistaken thinking that God reveals you may have allowed to dictate to areas of your life. You then take all that and much more information, and begin to set goals in multiple areas of life and the steps it will take to get there.
This process revealed many things to me but a few that I truly needed to see clearly to move forward in what God has for my life. It has given me a new prospective on my life, a healthier outlook and a new awareness of how God sees my life. It reveals some unhealthy patterns and mistaken thinking that I am determined to change as I replace those patterns and thoughts with God's Word and His thoughts.

If you are in a place of transition, confusion, change or new beginnings I would recommend praying about whether a Life Plan may be that next step for you. Do some research on this or contact Carolyn Reynolds. She does Life Plans for women and her husband does them for men, they also do them for couples. You can contact them at http://www.pathway-partners.com
Kathy Green, Carolyn Reynolds, and me.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New International Version)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

No comments: