One of the best ways to get through difficult challenging times is to develop a thankful heart. There is a type of "power" you receive from being thankful, no matter what your circumstances may be. This is a biblical principal, "Be thankful in ALL circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." and is scientifically proven.
The key is to focus on what is working for you, instead of what is not working. How do we do this? Start by:
- Noticing the small things in life: a child's smile, the smell of coffee or maybe just getting up in the morning.
- Get a notebook and pen: keep in your purse or car and slow down and notice the good things in your life.
- Write down a least three things to be thankful for a day.
- Be more creative
- Bounce back from adversity faster
- Be less intimidated by challenges
- Have a higher immune response
- Be more alert and interested
- Be more adventurous
- Live longer
- More likely to help others
- Be more likable
- Be less judging