Well, I do not have anything new to share but I have decide to return to a subject that I have posted on a couple other times. It is a subject that we always need to work on and need constant reminders about. It is about our thoughts and emotions.
As someone who has the opportunity to talk to about of people about their problems - I see such a correlation between being a healthy person in our spirit, soul and body and how we think. I have been reading and getting any information I can get my hands on about how our thinking controls and effects just about every part of our spirit, soul and body - which is every part of us.
Here are some statistics to get us started:
- When your happy or thinking good things your brain releases "feel-good" chemicals.
- When you are thinking sad, fearful or angry thoughts your brain releases a different type of chemical - those that are damaging to our bodies
- 87% of illnesses can be attributed to our thought life and approximately 13% to diet, genetics and environment.
- Studies link more chronic diseases to an epidemic of toxic emotions in our culture than ever before. They cause migraines, hypertension, strokes, cancer, diabetes, infections and allergies to name a few. These illness are increasing worldwide.
- Depression is linked to a risk of cancer and heart disease
- Anxiety/fear is linked to IBS, headaches and heart problems.
- 75% to 90% of visits to primary care physicians result from stress-related disorders
What we will be talking about for a few days or weeks is "coping strategies" to help avoid a build up of these "toxic" thoughts and emotions. Effective coping strategies will detoxify your brain and give you back control of your body and mind.
It is possible to lead an emotionally happy and physically healthy life by simply learning to control your thoughts.
A couple books I recommend on this subject and will be pulling some information out of are:
Who Switched off my Brain? by Caroline leaf
Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyers
Philippians 4:8 Begin to think on the Word or begin to sing a praise song to God. Make a conscious effort to fill your mind with good, pure, wholesome, and lovely thoughts.