Sunday, December 11, 2011

The TRUTH

Since it has been a couple weeks since my last post - we have had a lot of time to think about those lies! :)  Once we reveal the lies we have come to accept and believe about our self,others or God we need to correct them.

Basically, if you are saying and believing these lies - they are affecting your daily life.  They become part of who you are and that is not who God says you are.  I personally want to be in agreement with who God says I am so how do we do that?

The best way I have found is to write the lies in one column.  (you need 3 columns) in the second column you write what the truth is according to God's Word and the last column you write the scriptures that back up that truth.  It will look something like the table below.

 Once you have completed your "Truths"  you will say them to yourself everyday until they are solidly in your heart!!  When I lie comes into your mind you will immediately reverse it to a truth.

Do this and I will guarantee you will see change in your life.  As you notice lies coming into your mind write them down and write a truth.  Until we are aware of what we are thinking or saying we really don't realize how many lies we feed ourselves everyday.

Every week pick a scripture that is the one you struggle with the most and apply it every day to your life. 

Lies
Truth (based on God's Word)
Scripture
I’ve missed God’s best for me

My best is
YET TO COME

1 Corinthians 2:9



I can never be/do good enough

I AM GOOD
enough through Christ


 Philippians 3:12–14


I will always be passive

I am MORE
than a
CONQUEROR


Romans 8:37


I will always be stuck and never move forward
have a
HOPE
and a
FUTURE
Jeremiah 29:11




I am not accepted for who I am

I am “ACCEPTED” through
 Christ Jesus

 Romans 8:38 - 39,



My value is based of other peoples perceptions


I am the RIGHTEOUSNESS
of God
in Christ Jesus





 

1 comment:

Beverly Walters Whaley said...

Coach K.......What a great reminder of the lies that the adversary will instill in our thoughts everyday! As always the tools to put in my toolbelt........to combat those lies and live with Victory...that I do deserve all He has for me! Thanks GREAT JOB!