Today I am just going to share my little list of what I am going to call, "Simple Pleasures" These are the things in life that just make you feel happy and content. They are usually very simple, familiar everyday things. They are the things that when everything is crazy in life that when that thing or that smell is there for a tiny little moment, all is well with our world. This is my list and your list will probably be different than mine, but make a list so that when you need a little getaway and you can't go anywhere - possibly you can pull one of these out.
Kathy's Simple Pleasures:
- My first cup of coffee in the morning.
- Digging into a new bible study series
- A good book
- Seeing a great movie and have a large bag of popcorn on my lap. :)
- Sitting in front of the fireplace. (doing this right now.)
- Spending time with children (especially grandchildren)
- Familiar smells - fresh bread, coffee brewing or a pie cooking. My mom and dads house had a smell - a good one - that just reminded me of them.
- Taking a hot bath - even better if you have a jacuzzi tub - I don't :(
- Fresh clean sheets to climb into
- An unexpected compliment
- A real letter or package in the mailbox
- Sleeping while it's raining
- Finding money you didn't know you had
- A morning run
- Walking barefoot in the grass - I loved doing this in Pennsylvania - not the same in FL
- Listening to a great song
- Eating a piece of chocolate
- Getting a Dunkin Donuts coffee or a Starbucks latte - are you seeing a pattern here??
- Having a "lazy" day
Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit. - Ecclesiastes 4:6