Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 10 - of 30 Days of Happiness

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Husband ( here with my other guys)

Day 10 -Send someone a card just because you appreciate them or thinking of them

This is going to be short today because it was my hubby John's Birthday and we took advantage of the free admission on your birthday offer from Disney. So we headed over to Epcot this morning and just got home a few minutes ago. I made a commitment to do this blog every day for 30 days so here I am!

First of all I want to wish my sweet, wonderful husband Happy Birthday! I am blessed to have such a great guy as my husband and I appreciate him more and more every day. We had a great time today - it did not rain at all and there was a nice cool breeze most of the day.

I did plan ahead for our happiness challenge today - I bought my card yesterday, filled it out and put it in the mail this morning. I really do feel good about doing this exercise. There is someone in my life that has been through alot of health problems lately and has felt that people don't care, so it was a good time for me to send a card to let them know they are thought about and loved. If we were not doing this happiness challenge right now I probably would have thought about it but would not have carried it through. I know this card is going to encourage this person and mean alot to them.

So my concluding thought is this: I am going to plan on sending an encouragement or thinking of you card at least once a week to someone. It doesn't take alot of time or effort and yet I believe the thought and care it shows is very meaningful and encouraging.

Well, my friends and blog buddies - I'm going to take a shower and go to bed.

When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours. Romans 1:12 (New Living Translation)

Tomorrow: Dance to a song today. :) Yes I said dance.... you may want to be alone.. ;-)

2 comments:

Juliette said...

It’s after 1am and I finished my task for this day a day late. I chose to find the right ecards for four special people in my life. It took me an hour but I did it. Was that love or perfectionism? I wanted the message and the music to fit the person. I wanted them to be pleased. I wanted to bring a bit of a ‘joyful smile’ to their lips. Let me know if I was right.

CoachK said...

I know I had a "joyful smile" this morning when I got mine!