- They are in the "moment" - three year olds don't worry about what someone did or said to them yesterday (or one hour ago or that matter) or what if _____happens tomorrow. And if something does upset them such as sister has a toy she wants or she wants a piece of candy and the answer was no...well they get over it in about 2 minutes and it's forgotten. Life is too exciting and too many things to enjoy for a three year old to worry about anything but what is happening right now. Oh, if i could stay in the moment like that!
- They see everything as amazing and wonderful, even the simple things - all the grandkids where at our house on Sunday - because of the time change it was dark early and they were still playing outside - we have white lights that line our screened in porch - just simple christmas ones - I turned them on for the first time this year and Kaitlyn (5 y.o.) runs in with wide eyes and a huge grin and says almost in a whisper, "Oh Nana! they are beautiful!" I thought how wonderful life would be if we could keep the sense of wonder as we get older.
- They are always ready to play and have fun! - if you have been around a child for any length of time you know that they can easily move from doing a task to having a good time. They aren't afraid to laugh out loud, run and jump and fall on the ground giggling. I wonder how happy we would be if we did that once a day. :)
- They know how to forgive - Children do get upset and angry sometimes but I have noticed it's for a very short time - they quickly get over it and show you they love you right away.
- They love you unconditionally - children love you with a love that comes straight from the heart, without an preconditions or expectations. They say "I Love You" with out a hesitation or thought just because thats just how they feel
- They smile even if they are the only one - we had a bridal shower for my future daughter in love a couple weeks ago and everyone was very serious watching Sarah open presents when Anna just started to laugh and had the biggest grin on her face - everyone looked her way and began to laugh and smile -
You will never get into God's kingdom unless you enter it like a child!"Luke 18:17 (Contemporary English Version)
Tommow: Start a conversation with a stranger