Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 13 - of 30 Days of Happiness

Day 13 -Give people more than they expect.

I was looking forward to today and had many plans of how I could do more than expected for people. I thought about going to a store and looking for grocery carts and putting them in the right place or giving a tip at Starbucks to the person taking my order or something along those lines but instead as I prayed for God to show me how this day should look - I believe He put 8 people on my heart to do more than they expected from me today - which was pretty easy because I don't think any of these people expected anything from me.

The difficult part is once I did everything I felt in my heart to do - I was going to detail it out for you and even took a picture of one thing I did... but now as I am sitting here writing this post I know I am not to say anything about it. Those things that were done are between me and those people. But the one thing I hope you know if you are one of those that God put on my heart is that God loves you so much and sees all you do for others that He wanted to bless you in some way and He just used me to do it. So consider whatever was done wasn't from just from me although I defiantly, sincerely meant anything I said or did, but from you Heavenly Father that loves more than any of us can understand or comprehend.

You know what my take away from today is: When you are focused on giving other more than expected you don't have much time to think about yourself, and that is a good thing! ;)

It's been a good and HAPPY day!

Can't wait to start on tomorrows Challenge! a laughter day - (watch a funny movie or just look for or talk about funny things) just laugh!

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-40 (New Living Translation)


2 comments:

Juliette said...

Went all out for a special dinner.
Planted a flower bed with a hidden Mickey head in it. I won’t tell others about it when they come over and see if they can spot it.

Today’s challenge brought to mind a quote that someone gave me 35 years ago and I thought about it in regard to doing more than what is expected -

“What you do when you don’t have to, will determine what you will be when you can no longer help it.”

I have used this quote over the years as a guide for my life, not just in business but also in how much I gauge what I do for the Lord.

Luke 12:48
For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required; and of him to whom men entrust much, they will require and demand all the more. AMP

I intend to be prepared.

CoachK said...

And a wonderful dinner at that!!! Thank you for the quote - I like it and will ponder on it.