I really wasn't sure if I was going to get this done today but here I am. Mission accomplished. Wednesday is my Life Coaching day and I see clients all day plus I do a Career Ministry Support Group at night so I had to really think out how I was 1. going to make three people smile and 2. write this blog.
Well, first to tell you how my smile project went. As you can imagine, sometimes the project decided on for the day doesn't always go as planned but the point is not the outcome but he effort put toward it.
So I decided that I was not going to count any of my clients smiles as that would be too easy. So I prayed and thoughts about who I would like to in some way bless to day.
- My first "victim" :) was a young woman at Publix - I stopped by on my lunch hour and she was the cashier. I noticed she had the most beautiful shiny hair. So as she was handing me the money I said, "You have beautiful hair. It is so shiny and healthy looking" I truly meant it. Well, within seconds she smiled and said, with a smile in her voice, "Thank you!"
- My next plan was to buy 3 red roses to take to the office I'm working in to bless the admin assist. Maggie is always greeting my clients, taking calls for me and I'm not an employee. She is also always doing and giving to others so I really felt God wanted me to do something special for her to just let her know her actions are noticed. Well, when I got back I was informed that she was gone for the day - but her boss - Dr. Siemer - called her and told her what was on her desk and he told me "she was smiling on the phone." :)
- After my day of gratitude yesterday - I realized how much I appreciate my hubby but rarely tell him. I like many spouses tend to take for grated all that he does and is in my life. So when he came home I told him all of the great qualities I see in him and how much I appreciate all he does and is to me. And yes.....he smiled....very big in fact!
Some fun facts about Smiling:
- Smiling makes us attractive
- Smiling changes our mood
- Smiling is Contagious
- Smiling relieves stress
- Smiling boasts your immune system
- Smiling lowers your blood pressure
- Smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers and serotonin
- Smiling lifts the face and makes you look younger
- Smiling makes you seem successful
- Smiling helps you stay Positive
A friendly smile makes you happy,and good news makes you feel strong. Proverbs 15:30 (Contemporary English Version)
Tomorrow: spend time or observe someone under 6 and think about watch how they view life.