Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 17 - of 30 Days of Happiness

Day 17 - Call someone you haven't called for awhile.

For some people this was probably very easy for others maybe a harder one, but I think if you did it you probably were glad you did - I know I was.

I don't mind calling people - I just sometime get so busy and focused on my stuff that I just don't take the time so this was a good challenge for me. I have a couple people in my life that I need to call on a regular basis and don't. I don't have a problem with them and in fact I enjoy it when I do call them - I don't know why I put it off.

So this was good- I chose to call my Aunt Jean today. The last time I talked to her was a visit in July. My aunt is my dad's only remaining sibling. She was his baby sister. We visited her in July and I promised myself I would call her at least once a month and of course didn't so this was good. I called her this afternoon and as usual she was so happy to hear from me. She is so much like my dad. Fiercely independent. She is 84 years old and totally taking care of herself in her own home. She was so excited when I called and told me she just got her blood work back and is in perfect health. She also has an "admirer" :) It was as usual a lot of fun talking to her and I always get off the phone feeling good. I guess I know my dad would be pleased.

I hope you did this today especially if you have someone that a little older and maybe doesn't have access to a computer. If not there is always tomorrow!

7Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints. Philemon 1:7

Tomorrow: Make a list of your gifts and talents ( and don't be modest)

2 comments:

Juliette said...

I tried calling our good travel friends that live in Atlanta today. Tried her home phone and cell phone and never made a connection. Left a message but got no call back. I was actually disappointed. But since they are our very good friends, I know that we will talk and travel together again. Funny, we spent so much time together when they lived here and rarely talk now but always go on a yearly trip together. When we do see each other it’s like no time has passed at all. We’ve been friends for over 30 years.

A good friend sticks closer than a brother.

CoachK said...

Juliette,
You made that effort and that's what counts!